This ice cream is light, sweet and fruity with the unmistakable Balsamic flavor! This recipe does not use eggs, so the ice cream is lower but just as tasty.
by Troy Johnson
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into chunks (reserve a few of any extra strawberries for garnish)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Harvest Strawberry Balsamic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1) Hand slice the strawberries into small chunks or use a food processor and very lightly pulse until roughly chopped. Put the strawberries in a bowl and toss them with the Strawberry Balsamic vinegar. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
2) In a medium bowl use a hand mixer on low speed or a whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is well dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Stir in strawberries, with all juices. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
3) Using your ice cream maker, pour in chilled blend and make your ice cream.
4) Before serving, add any extra strawberries to the top as garnish.
5) Serve immediately or freeze for later. Enjoy!