By Troy Johnson
A delicious side…or meal. Try to use organic veggies.
- 1 cup sweet onion (1” cubes)
- 2 cups cabbage (1” cubes)
- 1 cup sliced new potatoes (1” cubes)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ tsp. salt (a smoked salt is best)
- ½ tsp. Rosemary
- ½ tsp. Thyme
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin, Garlic, Herbs de Provence, Butter or Tuscan Herb olive oil (your choice really, many of our olive oils will work well)
Wash root veggies and cabbage. Add Fresh Harvest olive oil to non-stick skillet. If not using a non-stick skillet, remember old Japanese proverb: hot pan + cold oil = no stick.
Sauté the potatoes, carrots and onion in the olive oil for 15-25 minutes on medium heat, COVERED, or until slightly tender. Add the cabbage and continue to cook covered until root veggies and cabbage are tender. Leave on stove covered for 10-15 minutes with no heat if necessary. Serve immediately.